Medical Healthcare starts with the Medical Receptionist
Why you must seriously consider being a medical receptionist How many times have you tried to book an appointment with a doctor? Probably a lot of times. How many times have you tried to cancel an appointment or reschedule it? A few times maybe. And how many times have you tried to get some or the other doubt cleared at a medical establishment? Again, a few times.
Now, try to run through these kind of times and try to find a common link between them. There is a high chance that it is going to be the medical receptionist. That is how important the job of a medical receptionist is. He or she is the single point of contact between the medical establishment and its consumers. It is an enormous responsibility as the receptionist represents the entire management.
However, few people know that besides being an important job, it is also a lucrative one. The job offers a decent pay package and great opportunities for advancement:
1. No hefty qualification required: Whenever we think about the medical industry, all we imagine are qualified surgeons and doctors. However, there a lot of jobs in the industry which do not require as much technical knowledge. A medical receptionist is one of them! Usually, a high school diploma is enough to get one started.
2. Get a great job near your home: Contrary to commercial establishments, clinics and medical organisations are located near residential localities. This is a great strategy and attracts a large number of customers. It also shortens emergency response times. Hence, it is not uncommon to find job seekers getting placed as medical receptionists pretty close to their own home!
3. Excellent Skill Development: Would you like to hone your skills at multi tasking? Or would you like to get much better at understanding and handling people? Or are you confused and would like to take a sneak peek at how the medical industry works? If you answered any of the questions as ‘Yes’, then look no further. Being a medical receptionist is THE JOB for you!
4. Career advancement opportunities in multiple fields: This is the best thing about being a medical receptionist. The fact that this can just be a small start to a dazzling career. Along with being a receptionist, you can try and skill yourself in many different fields. You may learn business management and get promoted to the marketing or finance department. If you love taking care of people, you can learn get medical certifications and work as a medical assistant!
5. A job you will love: Last but not the least, it is purely exciting to work as a medical receptionist. The number of people one gets to interact with and the number of different situations one has to handle is just mind boggling. Also, it is true that in many establishments, receptionists become the coordinators among the various departments.
The healthcare industry is poised for high growth in the coming years. There is no doubt about that. People who join the industry now can become supervisors very soon and ascend the job ladder pretty fast. Besides, this is a job which offers multiple avenues for career growth and development. Investing now in being a medical receptionist can lead to rich dividends in the future!